AstroNova’s flight deck printer upgrade program provides increased reliability and significant cost savings for any aircraft operator through utilizing the most advanced airborne printer technology on the market.
The AstroNova® Cockpit Printer Upgrade Program provides:
- Drop-in replacement for the existing printer
- Trade-in value for the existing flight deck printer
- Required paperwork (Supplemental Type Certification, Service Letter or Service Bulletin) for installation of the replacement printer
Built to withstand the rigors of the flight deck, our airborne printers are remarkably lightweight, lowering fuel costs, your highest variable expense.
Upgrade programs are available for both half-width and full-width flight deck printers for B737NG, A320CEO and most popular commercial aircraft.
Contact AstroNova Aerospace, your total solution provider, to discuss how we can reduce your operating costs.
ToughWriter® 5 Full-Width Cockpit Printer
With its robust design and high MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures), the ToughWriter 5 is designed to meet the high dispatch reliability required by aircraft operators. Its advanced dependability and low weight reduce operating costs, while its innovations, such as Ethernet and AirPrint certification, allow for direct or wireless connection to electronic flight bags and tablet devices.
- World’s lightest ARINC 744A flight deck printer
- Delivers up to 50% higher reliability (MTBF) compared to other existing full-width printers
- Provides savings of thousands of dollars in fuel costs per year as a result of reduced printer weight*
- Weighs only 9.3 lbs (4.2 K) with a full roll of paper
Printers that can be upgraded: Miltope TP4480, Thales C12349
ToughWriter® 640 Half-Width Cockpit Printer
The ToughWriter 640 is the very latest in half-width cockpit printing technologies from the industry leader, AstroNova. Incredibly compact and half the weight of existing narrow format printers, the ToughWriter 640 is the world’s smallest ARINC 740 cockpit printer. With graphical printing and minimal power consumption, the ToughWriter 640 offers the lowest size, weight, and power usage in the industry.
- World’s smallest ARINC 740 cockpit printer
- High reliability with an MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) of 15,000 hours
- Meets or exceeds ARINC 740 Requirements
- Offers 12 ARINC 429 ports
- Weighs only 5.75 pounds (2.6 K) with a full roll of paper
Printers that can be upgraded: Honeywell PTA-45B, Miltope TP4429