Narrow Format Printer
A high performance, thermal line printer, the PTA-45B is designed specifically for use on commercial aircraft. Combining the high reliability and efficiency of a power supply and stepper motor with quiet operation and high resolution, this stationary thermal printer is able to produce superior print quality.
One of the most notable features of the PTA-45B printer is its high reliability, guaranteeing 10,000 hours mean time between failure. The PTA-45B is certified to meet or exceed the specifications of ARINC-740 for Multiple-Input Cockpit Printers and can be found on every Airbus A319, 320 and 321 being the standard printer selected by Airbus.
Additional features include:
- Interfaces with up to 12 ARINC-429 systems using prioritized polling
- Uses single ARINC-429 output for control and status
- Produces up to 80 characters/line and 7 lines/inch
- Utilizes variable print formats – 40, 64, 80, 80 sideways
- Option for multiple print character sets available (32K byte font memory)
- Supports paper width of 4.375 inches, 100 feet/roll
- Prints at rate of 120 40-character lines/minute
- Certified for MD-80, MD-90, MD-11, 737 (all vintages), 747 classics, 747-400, 757, 767, Fokker, Bombardier CRJ and Avro aircraft.